Monday, October 26, 2009

A New Day

It was a long glorious October weekend with cool sunny days and blue skies, but filled with death and sadness.

Sunday night (or Monday morning - I have always maintained that it's night until either you wake up or the sun comes up - whichever happens first!) I woke up to hear the telephone ringing. Damn, it was 3 am! At that time of day it's either bad news or a wrong number. Since I was awake, I got up and stumbled through the house looking  for the cordless phone. Of course the phone stopped ringing right before I found it, so I took it back to the bedroom. Before I got there it rang again. It was 3:18 am. 

"Hello, is this David Waddington?" 

"Yes it is."

"Hi, I'm Bettina Goin with Baylor All-Saints Transplant in Fort Worth. I have a kidney offer for you...."

No comments:

Post a Comment