Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Latest Update From the Lab and Would the Reader...

OOPS!


I had an email tonight from a reader who after a successful transplant has been diagnosed with BK Virus. I made the mistake of opening her message while pouring Pinot Noir to 125 customers at a wine tasting tonight and accidentally deleted the message. So, if you sent me and email and didn't hear back, I apologize so much, I know it's a difficult thing to do. 


Please resend. I know the importance of communication. As I have said before, I never communicated with anyone who had PKD or BK Virus until I began blogging. So far Surviving PKD has had 10,621 pageviews, over 30 google searches in the last few days on issues such as weight gain with PKD, fistulas for dialysis, and yes, BK Virus.


My story continues on a positive track. Visits to the Dallas Transplant Center's clinic are now quarterly. The most recent was 4/17/12. Lab results were good. Hemoglobin is normal, blood pressure is under control, weight gain has stabilized, and creatinine is stable at 3.1. Which is not great, but it was as high as 5.8 during the onslaught of the BK Virus. I feel great. There are daily reminders of how sick I was during the last days of PKD and End Stage Renal Disease.


So, thank you for reading. If the blog has helped please let me know. If you have questions, please let me know. If you sent me an email today, please resend.


THANKS,
Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment